Transition Age Youth (TAY) is a program designed specifically for young adults aged 18-25. TAY programming prepares young adults with their transition into adult roles through an individualized process. Programming is designed to enhance community involvement and promote self-sufficiency and achievement of individualized goals. The program captures young people’s attention and enables them to focus on their future. Program services are held in a dedicated TAY space at Channel Marker’s program facilities.
Discover what your strengths are; set educational goals; and learn how you can become clear about what you want and need out of life and how to successfully achieve it.
Channel Marker strives to create an atmosphere where new friendships are made and current relationships are strengthened. Groups and individual sessions target new skills that will better equip you to experience success and satisfaction in every major area of your life.
Joining Channel Marker’s Transition Age Youth program will help you move forward in ways that you may not have known were possible. A key component to the program is linking participants with available community resources.
1. Engage young people through relationship development, person-centered planning and a focus on their future.
2. Tailor services and supports to be strengths-based, accessible, coordinated, developmentally appropriate and appealing.
3. Acknowledge and develop personal choice and social responsibility.
4. Ensure a safety net of support comprised of the young person’s family members, friends and other key players.
5. Discover and enhance young people’s competencies to assist them in becoming more confident and self-sufficient.
6. Maintain an outcome-based focus at the individual, program, and community levels.
7. Involve transition age youth with guardians, peers, and mentors in mutual discovery and recovery.
Caitlin Bartley, Adult Services Director - Dorchester and Talbot
email@example.com | 410.822.8330
Reina Ronquillo, Adult Services Director - Caroline and Talbot
firstname.lastname@example.org | 410.479.2318